|• Try to put your mind at ease and relax
before you seek a medium’s help. It creates a better
atmosphere for the reading and makes it easier for spirit
to make contact.
• Let the medium proceed in his or her own manner.
Don’t expect your most pressing problems to be
discussed at once.
• Spirit provides evidence of identity in many
different ways. It may be by name, description,
relationships, incidents, etc. Be willing to verify such
evidential information so the medium can proceed to any
message that is to be given.
• Let the medium know when they are correct. Don’t
attempt to confuse them. Be fair.
• Arguing or wanting things done your way makes it
difficult for the medium to function effectively and may
lead to failure.
Something may make more sense by the end of the
reading, or understanding of the message may come at a
later time—after you have had a chance to think about
it. So don’t be quick to say "no" to what is
given by the medium.
• The true success of a reading. is not always measured
by prophecy but by the guidance it provides. Prediction is
possible, but you have the power to change coming events.
• A good reading should explain the philosophy of
harmonious living. Mediumship is not fortune telling.
• If you wish to ask a question, or questions, meditate
on them in advance of the meeting. Give spirit. ample time
to get an answer. No spirit claims to have an answer on
the spur of the moment. After all, you are communicating
• Don’t try to prolong a reading. The medium realizes
when the forces are gone. You are always welcome to come